“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, May 31, 2012

TIDBIT THURSDAY: Something you love most about reading

Hey Hey Hey!!!

We've got another Tidbit Thursday, hosted by us here at 2BR!!! (we are going to be looking into opening it for other blogs to participate in also.) Here's this weeks:



What are some things you love a lot about reading?

Tell us about some weird/funny/cool/fun/etc. things you do when reading. What do you love about it?

(tell us what you think of Tidbit Thursday so far!)

...................................................................................................................................................

Kait

One thing that I do that could be considered weird (possibly), cool, interesting, and to me: fun, would be the following (Only for people who use bookmarks, sorry all you dog ear/page  remeberers):

Step 1: Open book you are currently reading.

Step 2: Take bookmark out.

Step 3: Open a chunk of the book a little further ahead. (100 or so pages)

Step 4: Place the bookmark there.

Step 5: Read.

simple as that......although thats not the fun part. The really amazing part is when you read for a little while and you turn the page and there's the bookmark! and you're all like "Oh my gosh!! How did I read THAT much!" This really makes me feel accomplished..............(and a good way of keeping track of pages read if you have to do that but you don't like to.) I'm always shocked and happy when I find the bookmark again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other thing I really love about reading is, like my profile picture (and the quote on the sidebar) says,

"That moment when you're reading a book and the whole world around you does not exist anymore."

That's why I feel bad for people who don't like to read because they never experience that, and trust me it's a wonderful feeling. It's almost like watching a movie in a movie theater. Has anybody ever been watching an interesting movie and when you remeber where you are and that there are other people around you, you kind of notice you forgot? Well it's like that for reading only like times 10 and way way better. How many of you guys know exactly what I'm talking about?

................................................................................................................................................

Mari

You guys are going to think I am insane... But that moment when you are really INTO a book and it's like what Kait says about the world disappearing except I'm going to focus on what happens after to a really involved reader.  This would be withdrawl. Hopefully SOMEONE knows what I'm talking about but if you don't here it is:
Scene: Monday, Homeroom, Reading.
So, you settle down and open up your favorite book.  And you read. And continue reading for a while.  Then all of a sudden the bell rings and your like, "WHAT? It's only been, five minutes!" So you just sit there feeling all groggy and don't want to move.  Yeah I call that "withdrawl" so you can use that! And also the whole falling in love with fictional characters that's kinda wierd I guess soooooo.
Yup, signing off,
Mari




................................................................................................................................................

Rach

The thing I love most about reading is probably characters. You know how sometimes you're reading a book it has a REALLY great character? And then the book ends and you just think, Wait, what happens next to the character? It's like you wanna know their whole life story. When something bad happens to that beloved character, you cry, and when something good happens, your whole face lights up with a smile. :) And the best part is when you feel connected to that character in some way. Some characters that I definitly feel this way about are Peeta and Katniss and Gale and Finnick and Prim and...well you get my point (ps: they're all from the Hunger Games). I hope you feel this way, too :)

I definitly agree with Mari and Kait about the whole getting lost in a book thing. I especially love to picture in my mind what all the characters and their world looks like (and then when you go to see the movie, it looks completly different, but you think your version was totally better) (ps: this did not happen with the hunger games though)







Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...