“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Hunger Games Discussion Saturdays flop

Mari and I nano prepped for 12, maybe 13 hours straight today (with small breaks in between) so please forgive our lack of The Hunger Games Discussion today. I recently finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver (and I am close to being finished with Pandemonium) so expect a review. Possibly tomorrow if time allows.

I sat in a classroom the other day, sculpting clay and minding my own business but of course my super trained ears pick up anything that has to do with anything fandom/book/blog related so when I heard a girl say "a society where love is considered a disease..." I had to interject with "ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DELIRIUM?!!? adjkasfhjlsdhl!!!" Here is then our conversation:

Girl who speaks of delirium: "YES!! Have you read it!!?!

Me: "YES! I love that book! I'm on pandemonium right now!!"

Girl who speaks of delirium: "OMG ME TOO! What part are you on in Pandemonium??!"

Me: "oh I'm on the part with the creepy rat people."

Bystander who delirium girl was originally talking to: "creepy rat people?"

Girl who speaks of delirium: to other girl; "it's a long story." To me; "so are you team Alex or team Julian??"

Me: "Alex!!"

Delirium girl: "yeah. Me too. Julian is kind of a nerd isn't he?"

Me: *crushed a little on the inside that she called Julian a nerd because that is offensive to nerds ~ le me* "yeah. He's kind of iffy. I don't trust him. He is weirdly off."

We both nod and turn away. Then I FANGIRL over the fact I just fangirled with a perfect stranger over delirium!!! Adjkasfhjlsdhl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that's my "Saturday Story" (kinda lame but I hope I sort of entertained you) ha. That's pretty good. Maybe someday "Saturday Story" will take over for The Hunger Games Discussion Saturdays.

-Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...