“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Monday, October 15, 2012

Blogger Interview! Pika Pages

Today We had a guest post/interview with Sydney from Pika Pages! She is a wonderful blogger who loves reading and things like that....2 B Read did an interview with her. Read it below then go check out her blog!


1. When and why did you start blogging?
 
I started blogging in July of this year. I started because I had been reading a lot of book blogs already and thought it would be fun to start my own.
 
2. What do you like to do when your not blogging?
 
When I'm not blogging I love to go out and about with my friends. I love going to fairs and festivals. When I'm at home I like to try out new baking recipes and scrapbooking. And of course I read a ton, but that was a given.
 
3. Book crush
 
Ah, the book crush. The dream guy. Well that can be a very hard decision because authors usually try to make the main guy in their books swoon-worthy. That's one of the things that keeps us coming back. If I had to pick a favorite though I would say....gosh, um.... either Jace from The Mortal Instruments or Alex from Delirium.

4. Describe your blog and make people want to go check it out.

Well, my blog is still a baby but I would say it is pretty interesting. I try to do a variety of types of posts to keep from getting bored. Oh, and I don't write two page reviews. I like to get to the point and say the main things I did or dint like. For me personally, I have a very short attention span, so I cant really read super long reviews.

5. Your favorite author (why? ie. writing style, plot, character, etc)

For now my favorite author is a tie. First, there is Lauren Oliver. I just love her style of writing! And I have read all of her young adult books and loved them. (i.e. Delirium, Before I Fall, etc.). Also, I love Tahereh Mafi. Though she has only written one book so far, I love it.

6. Your favorite place in the world.

My favorite place in the world would have to be my house. I know that is kind of cheating, but I love it. Even when I am on vacations, I can't wait to get back home. I love reading on my front porch, or in my room by my window when it is raining.

7. A place from a book you love or would want to live in. Or both.

Well, considering a good part of the books I read are dystopian, there aren't a lot of choices. I would say though, that Alicante from The Mortal Instruments sounds like such a beautiful place. I would love to visit. ( When it isn't getting attacked by demons)

8. Best celebrity to play a character in your favorite book

Um... I think Nina Dobrev would make a good Cassia from Matched.

9. Favorite book to movie translation Why?

I haven't seen a lot of movie to book translations, because I don't really watch a ton of movies, but I really liked the Hunger Games movie, and of course the books too.

10. Now for the dreaded question: What is your favorite book. And if you can somehow bear to decide: Why?

GAHHH NOOO! I can't possibly choose, I love so many books. Shatter Me, Delirium, City of Bones, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, The Body Finder, Prince of Wolves,gahhhhhhh. If I had to go with one I would have to say.... either.....Delirium or Pandemonium..... Better yet, BOTH. Is that allowed? Eh, I don't care. I'm just a rebel like that! But seriously I love those books, there are so well written! But that is just my opinion now. My favorite book changes alllllllllllll the time.
 

Go check out her blog! Promise you won't be disappointed! (also: expect a Pandemonium Review....tomorrow afternoon!)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for doing this. It's very nice of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...