“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Hello readers!

Here is the promised Pandemonium review! :D

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Summary from: goodreads.com

I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.


Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.





.......................................................................................................................

Pandemonium was SO good! I loved it and it was not a disappointing sequel!

I gave it:



*see rating chart at the bottom of this website*

Things that worked for me:

1. The writing is fantastic as always.

2. Lena is an even stronger character than before

3. I liked the new characters. You know how sometimes with dystopian books when the protagonist leave the society and lives in some sort of resistance and the resistance is filled with new people so naturally book two has different characters than book one. Most of the time I find myself not liking these new characters. But in Pandemonium I really liked them.

4. "then" and "now" chapters. The book was split between Lena's life currently and Lena's life when she first got to the Wilds. I liked this because rather than spend all the time in the book in the wilds (which would have gotten really boring) it spaced out. But you also got the back story at the same time. Really well done. Somewhat similar to Everneath by Brodi Ashton.

Things that didn't work for me:

1. Julian. I don't like him. Something about him was just so.....UGH! I love Alex better. Julian is a tad.....naive. And stupid. I was able to still enjoy the book even though his presence dampened my happiness....but thinking about the ending I have strong hopes for a turn around (fear not!)

2. The ending!!! Such a cliffhanger! But I guess that is expected!!!!

I thought Pandemonium was a great read and the Delirium trilogy a MUST. It is so fantastic and the idea is a gripping as ever! Definitely recommend!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series but since Delirium is being compared to Matched so much, I might as well give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! In my opinion it's the better of the two so I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's similar I guess in the idea but Lena is a stronger character and I like the writing better.

      Delete

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...