“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Hey guys! You know what makes blogging REALLY hard? NaNoWriMo. So during the month of November...Mari and I will be posting little bits of our novels here and there for your enjoyment. That way, we can work on NaNoWriMo and keep y'all informed (and not to mention letting you know we are still alive!) On another note, here is my teaser for this tuesday.

It's Teaser Tuesday. Woo.

Teaser Tuesday's is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :

1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a random page

3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".

4. Please avoid spoilers!

So yes, I gave in and went searching my library for Pandemonium...because waiting until Friday was killing me so I thought I'd check it out. Well turns out they had JUST gotten a copy and it wasn't even wrapped in that protective plastic stuff yet, so I would be the FIRST person to read it, which makes me SOO happy. Here's my teaser:

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
















..........................................................................................................................

"I was kidnapped," I say, and now the words bubble out of me. i need to tell Tack and Raven; they'll understand, they'll be able to explain and make sense of everything.

Thats it! Stay tuned for my Delirium review!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...